Facebook has become the de facto standard for most companies in helping to enhance their brand, message and services.
Rankability have designed a number of facebook business pages for clients, and keeps abreast of the changes and updates to the facebook platform.
For just over a year now, facebook has introduced the use if iframes within facebook pages. This has allowed for companies to enhance their facebook pages and maintain synergy between their existing web sites. When implemented correctly, this can help with the user experience, landing pages, and conversions.
Here’s is the finished product and facebook page for www.my-photo-school.com
For the myphotoschool project design , we were tasked with providing a flexible facebook business page that reflected their existing website and showed off their unique photography courses. They wanted to show not just their courses, but monthly competitions and their ‘piste de resistance’ – a FREE photo website for customers.
One of the ways of adding iframes to your facebook page is to use the facebook developer app – it’s free and easy to configure. Each page tab on the left hand side is a separate facebook app running an individual iframe instance.
One of the things to note is the removal of the horizontal slider, which takes up space in the facebook page. This can be done by adding java script code to each page, and setting the facebook canvas to fluid and the height to settable. Another thing that can catch you out is the menu tabs within your iframe site. If you want the links to take you to the individual apps pages, you will need to hyper link using the target _parent attribute to maintain the right page sizes.
If you’re looking for a professional facebook page to market your business, we can assist you with the design and implementation, at an affordable cost.
As the founder of Rankability, I've been involved with SEO & Social Media search since 2001. I enjoy the creative side of digital, writing as well as the techie mobile apps stuff.When I'm not working you might find me playing tennis or now more frequently on the physio's table.
You can follow us @; Twitter, Facebook or Google +
Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Digging Deep: Link Building and Scouting with Search Queries Part I9,707 views
- Google Panda & Penguin Update July 6th 2012394 views
- Digital Marketing Strategies & Trends for 2013: observe or evolve366 views
- Junglepay from txtNation – No Monkey Business with a Winning Mobile Billing Solution275 views
- Bing! Bing! Yahoo Site Explorer Alternative. What Now?243 views
Join Us on Facebook
- All this means is anchor text is almost on its way out, unless it's a trusted site & on topic. http://t.co/7tUcv6FFIH #linkbuilding #seo 06:40:11 PM June 02, 2013 from Tweet Button
- A few tips on how to make a marketing video for your business without breaking the bank. It's easier than you think http://t.co/qKEVywiip5 03:51:35 PM June 02, 2013 from web
- Pengiun 2.0 Google Update: how to approach SEO now? - http://t.co/qk9Q5mPcHH 01:36:49 PM May 26, 2013 from Tweet Button
Twitter Fan Box